Leigh wrote:
On 8 August 2013 12:05, Yasuo Ohgaki<yohg...@ohgaki.net>  wrote:

>What's the point of having old serialzers that is bonded to
>"register_globals"?
>This kind of change should have done when 5.4.0 was released, IMO.

Because somebodies code will depend on functionality not changing, and we
shouldn't break their code without a very good reason.

I can't judge the scope of the break, or how many users will be affected. I
just want to say that breaks without a good reason shouldn't happen.

Seconded.

In hindsight I personally would have preferred to remain with clean PHP5.2 code and should have carried on with that. I've wasted many many months reworking everything for PHP5.4 and so I'm now at a stage where my real answer is probably "Do what you like, I'll stick with and maintain PHP5.4 now". The problem is that ISP's like Go Daddy will still switch versions without any regard to users as they have just done with Apache 2.4 so we all end up having to live with other peoples decisions :( I still have sites where 'register_globals' is on simply because I've not had any time to rework perfectly functional systems and I can avoid anybody else changing the infrastructure! Nobody will pay for changing those sites ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL