Since ever people are confused by _GET and _POST superglobals,
because, despite their name, they do not (really) depend on the
request method.  Therefor I propose to phase out $_GET and name it
$_QUERY and I propose to phase out $_POST and name it $_FORM (I'm not
100% confident with the latter yet, though).

Further, I propose to remove the POST method restriction for handling
request bodies and solely rely on the content type to trigger the
parser(s). (*)

There are already parsers for application/x-www-form-urlencoded and
multipart/form-data in the core.  One could think of providing an API
to add content type handlers from extensions, ext/json may be an
example, like it is hacked into pecl_http-v2.

Thoughts, objections, insults?

(*) We'd probably have to revisit all *post* INI variables, though.

--
Regards,
Mike