Hi,

I was wondering why stream API has been changed in this commit:

https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/92d27ccb0574f901a107409a7fec92888fa2b82f

Basically all char pointers have been constified. The thing is that this
commit leads to compilation warning for many extensions.

In my case I use php_stream_locate_url_wrapper and want to compile my
extension (fann) without any warnings. Because this change is in master and
not in 5.5-, I will have to add some ifdefs and cast it for 5.6+.

The thing is that php_stream_locate_url_wrapper and other stream fuctions
are often used for function parameters from zend_parse_parameters which are
just char *. Then the values have to be casted.

I understand that APIs should be improved  and sometimes changes are
necessary but in this case I have to ask a question. Was this change worthy
to compilation warnings for many extensions?

If not would it be possible to revert it?

Thanks

Jakub