Good evening once again,

Here’s another RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/readonly_properties

It proposes, with a working implementation, a modifier for properties that
makes them readable and writeable from different scopes.

Since I am a big proponent of including specification patches in new RFCs, I
have decided to put my money (or rather, time) where my mouth is and I have
actually written a specification patch before writing an RFC. I would love to
see this become the new standard for RFCs affecting the language.

If you are curious at all about the behaviour, I suggest perusing the fairly
comprehensive set of twelve tests included in the main patch to php-src.

Thanks!
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/