On 25/11/14 04:47, Sara Golemon wrote:
> While playing around with Andrea's unicode literals syntax proposal, I
> was reminded of just how little of ICU is exposed.  I've put up a
> short proposal for adding IntlChar exporting these APIs as static
> methods (with a matching non-oop interface).
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/intl.char

Isn't the problem here that while ICU is perhaps the obvious way
forward, there is still no decision that it will be the base for other
developments? Other proposals are looking for a lighter solution to the
problem? I'd make a case for using the UTF8 configuration of ICU as the
base for all the unicode developments, but can understand that this may
not play well with other installations of ICU on a system?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL