Howdy dear Internals

For a while I have been just stalking the bugs database[1], and I
would love if we could some more focus on closing bugs. I'm not saying
the job we do (my self included) is not being done well enough, but
currently we have over 4.1k and a lot of those are old feature
requests, or bugs going as far back as to PHP4.

I do not have the technical experience on all subjects to close
reports or analyze them as well for our many extensions but would love
if we in the new year could have a similar event (maybe in user
groups?) to analyze, test and lower that number.

I know we all spend our free time to contribute to the project and we
would rather spend time on making new features and fixing popular
issues and a lot of our resources are shifted towards PHP7.

Is there any momentum for lowering that number, I myself will try to
resolve, close those I can, maybe we can close issues for extensions
we no longer bundle or issues we had no response to for 1 year or 6
months+, if they are common issues we will surely get bumped about
them.

[1] http://bugs.php.net/

--
regards,