On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Since it's been two weeks and there are no remaining issues (aside from
> the lack of a language specification patch - but that can be done later),
> I'm opening voting on this RFC.
>
> Voting starts today (2015-02-02) and ends in two weeks' time (2015-02-16).
> As this adds to the PHP language (and hence affects the PHP language
> specification) a 2/3 majority is required for acceptance.
>
> The RFC, which contains the voting widget, can be found here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/combined-comparison-operator
>
> Thanks!

I've voted -1 because I think this should be a function and not an
operator. compare($a, $b) is more obvious than $a <=> $b and it's not like
writing comparison functions is such a super common use case that it needs
the extra brevity of an operator. A function can furthermore be used as a
callback, while an operator requires a wrapping closure.

Nikita