Hi!

> Keeping that in mind, the declare statement, as ugly as it may look,
> could be actually a killer to finally get what both camps want but
> never (and never will) manage to agree.

I think having two conceptual frameworks in one language and having to
deal with (and potentially maintain) code bases with mixed conceptual
framework is a very bad idea. That would lead to a language
fragmentation as strict code will become hard to combine with non-strict
code within one application, and pretty soon people will start asking
questions like "is this library written in strict-PHP or non-strict-PHP?
ow, dang, we can't use it because we use the other one..."
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com