On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, Christian Weiske wrote:

> >This is intended and documented here:
> >http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-exception-handler.php
>
> If "Documented" means the note
>
> > Note that providing an explicit Exception type hint for the ex
> > parameter in your callback will cause issues with the changed
> > exception hierarchy in PHP 7.
>
> then yes, it's documented.
>
> But I'd not see this as documented or rather liked a more explicit
> mention of Throwables there.

Actually, I don't call this intended. This is just as much as a BC break
as the original implementation where Errors where also Exceptions. IMO,
set_exception_handler() should be changed - with my preference it not
capturing Error, and instead have an additional set_throwable_handler().

cheers,
Derick