> While your observation is correct, I wouldn't see the matter as an alarming
> issue. We're oriented to have less bugs in every next RC, thus RC2 will have
> had its day soon anyway. So IMHO this change is not quite nice at this stage,
> but still acceptable.

Me neither here for the matter, I believe we had such in the past with
other releases like in 5.3 at least I think it happened at RC stage.
Good observation nontheless but I'd rather have extensions compiled
for the gold release of the 7.0.0 in the end for the most possible
stability.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen