I like to look at the bottomline, probably because I don't have the patience
for convoluted arguments.  The bottomline in this case seems to be: Are
there any organized interests against PKI and digital signature
technologies?

Unless I am missing something like World Hand Signature Expert Association,
the answer seems to be no.  To the contrary, there are many pro-PKI and
pro-digital signature parties.  If PKI ever gets trashed in court, I am sure
John Grishm will write a book about it.

Will someone will invest substantial legal resources to challenge validity
of 'internet-payments' companies using PKI-based technologies?  Will legal
hyenas find PKI to be a juicy prey like tobacco and asbesto?  Are there
enough tenderloin for class action suits?  I doubt it.

Unless the challenging party is willing to spend the time and money to
finance an arduous legal odyssey, I believe PKI and digital signature will
remain a taboo subject in the court room.  Lack of precedence, in this case,
speaks for instead of against validity of PKI IMPO (In My Personal Opinion).

Best,

Don Park