note that in the previous reference to X9.59, X9.59 was designed to be a
payment method agnostic standard .... applicable to all payments in all
environments (at least both debit & credit).

The NACHA pilot demonstrated a AADS (some of the data elements were
differed from that in the X9.59 standard) to ISO8583 mapping for debit.
However, a similar mapping is showed for ISO8583 for credit.

The X9.59 (and NACHA) mapping to ISO8583 uses the same exact flow as
currently is implemented .... aka there is no change in the existing
message flows for either credit or debit .... and all the business
processes remain identical. The standard to ISO8583 mapping just adds a few
more data elements to the existing message standards w/o changing the
message flow or processing.