possibly a real live business example would also be helpful .... to explain
what is going on the real world, everyday in normal business backrooms as a
matter of course. see recent posting about versigns online service offering

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aepay10.htm#62 VeriSign unveils new online
identity verification services

somewhat as an aside ... one of these things that my wife and I had to do
when we were working with this small client/server company on what became
to be called electronic commerce and payment gateway ... was due dilligence
on the major certification authorities ... and do an examination of their
backroom process.

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm5.htm#asrn2
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm5.htm#asrn3
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001i.html#52