http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/mohawk-broadcaster-janet-rogers-launches-ndns-on-the-airwaves-1.3444557

>From the early uses of radio on reserves to communicate with hunters in the
bush, to the creation of podcasts that explore indigenous arts, culture and
politics — indigenous broadcasters have adapted with the times.

"Indigenous voices on the land and on the airwaves is another way to create
presence," says Mohawk writer and radio producer Janet Rogers.

Roger's decision to go into radio 10 years ago was motivated by the desire
to create a space for indigenous voices to be heard.

"Without authentic indigenous voices on the airwaves … we'd be really
missing something in terms of what we're offered in the mainstream media."

< snip >

and it mentions THIS show which I have very much enjoyed

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/unreserved

ef

Vancouver