I haven't used this e-mail list in a while to mention what I have found
listening...hoping to do more with this group going forward.

Radio 4 has always had several history discussion series; "In Our Time" is
one that comes to mind, and has been around a long time.

Radio 4 has recently launched a new history-oriented podcast called, simply
enough, "The History Podcast".

It's story-driven, versus discussion-driven as is "In Our Time".

The first series in the podcast is "Shadow War", a look at the relationship
between China and "The West".  I've just started listening; it looks
promising.  So far, five 15-minute episodes have been produced; the series
will be 10 parts long.

The series does air on Radio 4 in the 1345 UTC (1445 BST) weekday
documentary slot, which is often home to some interesting series that
aren't retained for a long time in BBC Sounds.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA