Location: Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Date: 6.–8.4.2017
Deadline: 15.1.2017

On behalf of the School of Arts and Sciences at the American
University in Dubai, it is our pleasure to invite you to participate
in the Philosophy in the Desert Conference, April 6-8, 2017 at AUD.

The theme of the 2017 Conference is “Comparative Philosophy at the
Crossroads: the possibilities for comparative discourse today”. The
purpose of the Conference is to bring together philosophy educators,
researchers, and practitioners from around the world and provide an
inclusive platform for the discussion of comparative or
‘cross-cultural’ philosophy, its methodologies, vision, and
challenges. We intend for the Conference to raise debates regarding
the very possibility (or, perhaps impossibility) of engaging in
meaningful comparative philosophical discourse in today’s world.

With this emphasis in mind, we cordially invite contributions to the
Conference from a range of academics and intellectuals. We welcome
papers that discuss aspects of your current or past research, your
philosophy teaching, challenges you perceive in comparative
philosophy, or a topic that you feel addresses any of the issues
connected to the Conference theme. To this end, we welcome paper
proposals based on a variety of topics. Also, we invite you formally
to extend this invitation to colleagues whose views and interests
might add value to the event.

Abstracts of 300-500 words for papers 20-30 minutes in length should
be submitted by midnight on Sunday, January 15, 2017. Please send all
paper proposals via the Conference email address at:
philosophyconfere...@aud.edu

Also, if you require more information about the event, feel free to
contact the organizers at above address.

Further details regarding travel and accommodation will be announced
once the Conference program is finalized.

Conference Organizers:
Sandra Alexander, D.Phil.
Jay Hetrick, Ph.D.
Loulou Malaeb, Ph.D.

Contact:

Sandra Alexander, Jay Hetrick & Loulou Malaeb
Humanities and Social Sciences Division
School of Arts and Sciences
American University in Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, exit 32