Call for Publications

Theme: The Stranger Within
Publication: Rejoinder
Date: Special Issue
Deadline: 16.1.2018

Why are we often troubled by the presence of strangers? What does it
mean to encounter strangeness in ourselves or in the spaces we
frequent? What are the ethics, aesthetics, and politics of naming the
strange – and the stranger? The next issue of Rejoinder explores the
theme of the stranger within. Submissions (including essays,
commentary, criticism, fiction, poetry, and artwork) should address
this theme from feminist, queer, and social justice-inspired
perspectives. We particularly welcome contributions at the
intersection of scholarship and activism.

For manuscript preparation details, please see our website at:
http://irw.rutgers.edu/about-rejoinder

Rejoinder is published by the Institute for Research on Women at
Rutgers University in partnership with the Center for Women in the
Arts and Humanities.

Please send completed written work (2,000-2,500 words max), jpegs of
artwork, and short bios to the editor, Sarah Tobias
(stob...@rutgers.edu) by January 16, 2018.

Contact:

Sarah Tobias
Institute for Research on Women