Location: Bucharest (Romania)
Date: 19.–20.6.2020
Deadline: 1.2.2020

Theme

The notion of love is a universal theme for all peoples in all ages
across the world. It is perennial as well as acute because the human
being has sought for it since the beginning of human history and has
never ceased such a profound search. What is love? How to understand
love in metaphysical-theological articulation as well as in literary
expression and philosophical analysis? The aim of the conference is
to study this complex concept of love from different perspectives and
to explore ways and possibilities of how the meaning(s) of love can
be socially and individually actualized in order to help humanity
face various forms of violence which affect not only our daily life
but also our global co-existence and tear our beings apart.

There will be a set of subthemes for the conference:

(1) Metaphysical and theological understanding of love
(2) The motif of love in literature and poetry
(3) Love and philosophy
(4) Life, religious poetry and mysticism
(5) Eros in a loveless time: political phenomenology and art

The invited speakers include Santiago Acosta (Universidad Técnica
Particular de Loja), Wilhelm Danca (University of Bucharest), Herta
Nagl-Docekal (University of Vienna), Cornelia Helfrich (Fundación
Idente de Estudios e Investigación, Berlin), Lugwig Nagl (University
of Vienna), and Carmen Elisabeth Puchianu (Transilvania University of
Braşov).

The Conference committees also invite scholars who are interested in
this topic to take part in this event. The conference will be
conducted in English and to be held at the Faculty of Roman Catholic
Theology, the University of Bucharest.

Abstract

Please send 300 words and a brief CV to Wilhelm Danca
[wilhelm.da...@gmail.com] and [cua-...@cua.edu] by Februay 1, 2020.
Full paper will be due on May 20, 2020. Well-developed papers will be
considered to be published by the RVP in its publication series
"Cultural Heritage and Contemporary Change."

Logistics

There is no registration fee. Participants will cover their own
travel costs and other expensis.

Contact

Wilhelm Danca
The Faculty of Roman Catholic Theology