Location: Online
Date: 21.11.2020
Deadline: 29.10.2020

Thematic Approach

Our civilization thrives due to our overwhelming thirst for knowledge
and advancement. In our quest to evolve, we explore the unknown,
discover new paths to knowledge and implement new methods of learning
and teaching.

The international conference organized by GIRES, the Global Institute
for Research, Education and Scholarship, based in Amsterdam, the
Netherlands, will explore the trajectory of knowledge, will try to
understand its mechanisms and through that we will meet the
pioneers. We will also explore their great ideas and the projects
that have offered new perspectives to our civilization. We will delve
into the unique personalities, the political and cultural needs, and
the philosophical and economic circumstances that pushed our
civilization forward.

>From Aristotle and Hawking to Archimedes and Dostoyevski and from
Mozart and DaVinci to Gandhi and Confucius our history teems with
examples of personalities that defied limitations and paved new paths
for the evolution of our civilization. Ideas and people from
politics, literature, the sciences, music, art, and law are only some
of the approaches we wish to explore in order to define our past and
contemplate our future. Who are they and how well do we value their
contribution? What is the role of education and how the libraries and
archives help in the  dissemination of knowledge? Which
personalities, ideas and projects were lost to oblivion and how well
do we value and utilize their contributions? How are they depicted in
art and literature?

We hope to generate conversation on this topic through the
exploration of literature, science, law, history, music and
philosophy and understand how the social, political and cultural
circumstances either supported or diminished innovative and ideas and
pioneering minds.

Proposed Topics

- Projects that changed world history
- Pioneers  in Literature, Science, Politics and Culture
- Psychological and Philosophical approaches
- Pioneering as political action
- Geopolitics in the quest of knowledge
- Preservation and dissemination of knowledge: perspectives,
  limitations and censorship
- Theology: role and actions in the advancement of  knowledge
- Technology and methods of expanding knowledge

Proposed Formats

- Individually submitted papers (organized into panels by the GIRES
  committee)
- Panels (3-4 individual papers)
- Roundtable discussions (led by one of the presenters)
- Workshops and Simulation Activities
- Forms of art connected to the conference topic

Lingua franca: English

Date of the Conference:

Deadline for proposals:

Acceptance notification:

Registration fee:
80 Euros

Our proposed topics & formats are not restrictive and we invite
additional germane ideas.

Due to the restrictions of Corona Crisis our event (for the time
being) will take place virtually.

Contact:

Global Institute for Research, Education and Scholarship (GIRES)
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Email: i...@gires.org
Web:
https://www.gires.org/activities/conferences/exploring-the-unexplored-pioneering-the-quest-of-knowledge/