From: Zack Middleton
Sent: 11/26/13 01:56 AM
To: Primary ioquake3 Discussion/Development list
Subject: Re: [ioquake3] Standalone based on TA

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Vincent P. Ellis < vinc...@linuxmail.org >
wrote:
Using ioquake3, how can we create a standalone game based on TA? Which
configuration has to be done?

Vincent Ellis
C/C++ Technician
 vinc...@linuxmail.org
El Paso, TX
By sending this message I agree to love ioquake3 and libsdl.
First look at these if you have not;
https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3#creating-standalone-games  and
https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3#standalone-game-licensing

You can build Team Arena QVMs under a custom mod directory name using;

 make MISSIONPACK="mymod"

Then either add `+set com_basegame mymod` at startup arguments (unmodified
ioq3) or change BASEGAME in code/qcommon/q_shared.h (for having a custom
engine) to use your custom game directory.

You can also disable building baseq3 using;

 make MISSIONPACK="mymod" BUILD_BASEGAME=0

To build custom engine not requiring authentication server, etc add
BUILD_STANDALONE=1 as noted in the first link.

(For additional settings see
https://github.com/ioquake/ioq3#compilation-and-installation  )

To separate the game on the LAN / master server add `+set com_gamename MyMod`
(game name must not have spaces, probably good idea to only use alphabet) or
change GAMENAME_FOR_MASTER in code/qcommon/q_shared.h (same game name rules
apply here too). It's worth noting the default master server
(http://master.quake3arena.com ) does not support game names and will fail to
get servers. So you should change sv_master1 to "http://master.ioquake3.org "
(the default for sv_master2) and set sv_master2 to "" either on the commandline
or in code/server/sv_init.c.

If you have more questions, ask them.

Best Regards,
Zack Middleton