<snip>

> only found solutions with ipfw. I can't afford taking down the server to
> switch to ipfw. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. If there is
> any way of doing this on the host (running Windows XP), it would also be
> nice. Thank you very much.

1: You don't have to take down the machine to run "ipfw" -- it can normally
   be loaded as a kernel module

2: You don't have to "switch" to "ipfw". I'm using "IFilter" and "ipfw" at
   the same time: "IPFilter" to control what traffic is allowed, and "ipfw"
   to limit bandwidth selectively. If both packet filters are running a
   packet has to get through both to survive.

--
        David Pick