Well, i'm really not sure about bottom: 0px. Perhaps it exists but i've
never seen it.
Bottom alignment is a common issue in CSS.
There is two different way to do this:
CSS only: position: fixed; top: 100%; height: 100px; margin-top: -100px;
But well... there is a hell of a lot to say about fixed positioning with
mobile browsers
(read http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2011/12/position_fixed.htmlto
get to the point)

Other solution if you know a bit of Javascript, you can use a fixed layout
and put your contents inside an iScroll view.
But then, detecting "real" available viewport height is even worse to deal
with.

Sorry, i don't really have one single bullet-proof solution for this...

Remi