This is something i've proposed for 2 years ago now. It never comes to iUI.
Something called "fitToScreen" you might find at the end of this file
https://code.google.com/r/remigrumeau-updates/source/browse/web-app/iui/iui.js

Feel free to use/fork it or not.

This comes as a replacement of height: 100% on body childs, which use the
screen height, not its content, and make any screen longer than device's screen
not to draw the panel background (neither color).

Remi