Interesting note on this...
The solution has been great on Panel screens, but I noticed with my grouped
lists, that the image is behind the list instead of on top. Don't mind too much
cuz its kinda a cool look given the transparency of the group header bars, but
I'm the kinda guy that needs to know why. I'm wondering if AJAXing in these
screens is what the difference is... and if a z-index is the simple 'fix'. I'll
let you know what I find out.

I haven't investigated much yet but was here so I thought I'd provide an update.