As told in another thread, there is nothing built-in in iUI to fill this
kind of app-specific use-case. It has a _replace mechanism to extend a list
view, but nothing to replace an element.

function refreshCurrentPage()
{
  iui.ajax("MyAjaxFile.php",null, 'get', function(response) {
    if (response.readyState == 4) {
      var currentPage = iui.getSelectedPage();
      currentPage.innerHTML = response.responseText;
    }
  });
}

Note that in this case, MyAjaxFile.php should only contains the page
fragment content.

You can also give iui.insertPages(fragment) a try:
iui.insertPages(frag)
If an AJAX call (showPageByHref()) is made without supplying a replace
element, insertPages() is called to insert the newly-created element
fragment into the page DOM. Each child-node of the HTML fragment is a panel
and *if any of them are already in the DOM, they will be replaced by the
incoming elements*.

Note that in this case, this will replace the whole page, not just its
content or a particular part of its content.

Remi

Remi