The BMC has limited resources and having multiple session may exceed the
CPU or the IPMB bus capacity to the point they can not provide the data
being requested.

>From the IPMI 2.0 specification(June 12, 2009), page 53. " It is not
intended for one system to use this provision to open multiple sessions to
the
BMC for that system’s sole use.".

Large system managers schedule the IPMI transactions via a single RMCP
session and interleave many IPMI operations to smooth out the demands on
the BMC and provide a more consistent loading to the CPU and IPMI Bus. For
example,  a replacement for ipmitool called Hemi has  "Transaction
Priorities"
http://www.jblade.com/JbDoc2/products/hemi/hemiDC/doc/programmers/HemiTransactions.html

The other advantage to using a single session is that time stamps are
unique because a single CPU(or mulit core CPU) can have a a sequential
counter. This becomes even more valuable when the IPMI System Manager is
20,000+ servers from a single multi core CPU.
Hank Bruning

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Fabio Andrijauskas <biozit.lis...@gmail.com