Alex,

I really really don't see the need for what the draft calls "symmetric
bi-directional tunnels".

While such constructs might be used in the traffic engineering context
the TE context comes with a control protocol (MPLS) for setting up
the explicit paths and recovering from failure.
Getting MPLS to control IPv6-in-IPv6 tunnels would be a huge exercise
of very questionable value.

Thus my personal opinion is that the draft should only specify "regular"
bi-directional tunnels.

   Erik