Agree, but /48 IPv6 subnets can be allocated many times more than IPv4
address are currently available. However /48 subnets for my home network
would allow me to even connect all the bricks to the Internet (by matter of
speaking), I think Free ISPs don't have to complain about someone allocating
a /48 subnet or maybe smaller ones.

Some simple calculations indicate ISPs can allocate many more clients if
they only have /72 or /80 subnet. And give clients /48 subnets.
So ISPs should actually not complain about giving you no subnet....

At least this is my opinion.

Also this ensure end-to-end communication for even my refrigerator (not that
it will that soon). Also it's more likely people get dedicted Internet
connections, I think, like ADSL and Cable. We have seen that NAT was a
mistake on the Internet. (I'm convinced about it now).

I think the implementation of this over phone lines is not likely to happen
suddenly (you don't have your modem online for 24 hours).

> Saskia

- Joris