In your previous mail you wrote:

   With this in mind, I'd like to suggest this as an idea for movement
   detection:

   - Require that a home agent's router advertisements always contain all
   of the prefixes on the network that are valid for home or CO addresses.

=> according to other messages your idea is to overload the meaning
of the H flag with "this RA announces all the prefixes"...
I don't think it is a good idea but if to know the number of prefixes
(there are some optimizations where this info is needed) is very useful
then why not a new extension with it in any RA?

   - Then, whenever a MN receives an RA with the H bit set, it will know
   with certainty whether that RA came from the current home or foreign
   network, or from some new network, based on whether the prefix of the MN's
   home or current CO address is advertised in the RA.  This way, movement
   onto a new link is detected as soon as any home agent on that link sends
   an advertisement.

=> this is not protected against a rogue RA and doesn't work with
overlapping cells (which seems to need the help of the layer two).

   - Whenever an RA is received indicating movement onto a new link,
   the MN transitions neigbor cache entry for the old default router(s) to
   stale, to accelerate unreachability detection.

=> move the state to incomplete is more aggressive (faster but more
expensive if there is no real movement).

   I'm curious what people think of this.

=> I think to rely on RAs for movement detection is not very good because
if this should be fast then the frequency of RAs has to be very high
(ie. higher than reasonnable). And this is dedicated to a very special
scenario (the cellular one) when there are many of them. In this list
(mobile IP) many of us did shout that cellular != wireless != mobile,
please add me...

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS: the only very clear indication you can get from a RA is to receive
an announce for the home prefix(es) where you are in visit. In other
cases you can only suspect a movement.