>> As noted, I'm open to any of the two options. That said, would a
>> normative ref to draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit be really appropriate/correct?
>>
>> If you think about it, that'd be an "informational reference" rather
>> than an authoritative one... (you don't need to read
>> draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit to understand
>> draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-chain-05.txt). For instance, the IANA
>> registry itself is not a normative reference.
>
> Logically, you're correct. It would just be a shame for it to come out
> as a "work in progress" reference instead of an RFC. Maybe we can ask for
> the two RFCs to be published at the same time.

Agreed. I will rev the I-D as described (but with an informational ref
to your I-D), and will note the RFC-Ed about this. -- However, my take
is that this will be nevertheless the case (draft-ietf-6man-ext-transmit
will be published at the same time or before oversized-header-chain).

>>> BTW check the IANA URL too; I think you had a pointer to a .txt file, but
>>> these days IANA is .xml based.
>>
>> Do you know which file is the authoritative one?
>
> If you follow links from the IANA home page, you get to
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers/protocol-numbers.xhtml
> As far as I know that is the primary reference.

Ok, I will replace the TXT URL with the XML URL -- worst case scenario,
this will fixed (if needed) later on.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
--