Fred,

On 15/10/2013 06:38, Templin, Fred L wrote:
>> We could have that discussion in 6man, sure, but I don't believe that
>> it's
>> relevant to the question of whether draft-ietf-6man-oversized-header-
>> chain
>> is ready.
>
> If it messes up tunnels, then it's not ready.

That doesn't follow. See below.

>> This draft mitigates a known problem in terms of the current
>> IPv6 standards.
>
> If that problem is also mitigated by a measure that does not mess
> up tunnels, then wouldn't that be worth considering before
> finalizing this publication.

The draft mitigates a known problem with communication paths that
do not include nested tunnels requiring nested fragmentation,
where the nested tunnel has to deal with an MTU <1280 *and* where
the nested tunnel goes through a firewall that wants to analyse
the complete header chain of the innermost packet.

No, I don't think it's worth considering that case before specifying
this mitigation.

     Brian