On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 07:49, Qing Zheng <qizh...@nvidia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>   I use WinPE to install Windows 10 RS4 on an iSCSI target in OpenStack. The
> installation went well. However, after the installation the Windows will
> reboot itself to complete the rest of the installation. That’s where the
> problem starts. I get the following error messages during boot up
>
>   “Recovery
>
>    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
>
>    The operating system couldn’t be booted because the digital signature of a
> file couldn’t be verified
>
>    File: \Windows\System32\drivers\e1i65x64.sys
>
>    Error code 0xc0000428
>
> “
>
> I have to go the advanced boot menu to disable driver signature check then it
> can boot successfully. Once it is booted I checked the detail of the network
> driver, it is actually using e1i63x64.sys not e1i65x64.sys
>
> The hardware ids of the driver are
>
> PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_86721643&REV_00
>
> PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_86721643
>
> PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&CC_02000
>
> PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&CC_0200
>

> If I install Windows 10 RS4 on a local hard disk. There is no problem. The
> problem only shows up when I try to install on an iSCSI target.
>

> I tried to use the following bcdedit commands to permanently disable the
> driver signature checks and nothing works. I have to manually hit the F7 key
> to disable the driver check on EVERY reboot
>
> bcdedit /set testsigning on
>
> bcdedit /set nointegritychecks on
>
> bcdedit /set loadoptions DIABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
>

> Desperately need your help to solve this problem
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Qing

Hi,
You can find several posts in the forum with more info in regards to
iSCSI booting windows 10.
And the answer is that it's hard - really hard, and most have probably given up.
If you have a "supported" (more or less by Microsoft) than this might work.

But it would be good if someone with some "strength" could get correct
answers from the Microsoft/Intel combo to what should be done to use
iPXE correctly for iPXE iSCSI boot.

/Christian