KAZ wrote:

>The fun happened on 1340 as I heard the Blue Devils getting ready to play
>the Golden Bears. Some checking on maxpreps.com (super site) indicated that
>this had to be KRBT Eleveth MN for a new one, and when I went back outside
>they were in there with a gal giving some locals ads including one for an
>appliance store in Eleveth. At 426 miles, this just breaks the US distance
>record for logging them.

You heard the Eveleth Golden Bears and the Virginia Blue Devils.

KRBT is owned by the Lew Latto Group.  Back in the late '70s or around 1980
Lew Latto was running 970-WAKX Superior, WI. 1kW daytimer.  He ran a DX test
for IRCA which was heard by two people.  A DXer from the Madison, WI area &
me.  Apparently there were bad conditions that night.

Paul LaFreniere
Grand Marais, MN