From: ironruby-core-boun...@rubyforge.org
[mailto:ironruby-core-boun...@rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Mike H.
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 9:37 AM
To: ironruby-core@rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] How-to Contribute to IronRuby

I've been trying to find information on how to contribute to the project.

Given the recent changes to the solution source and website, is the information
on becoming a contributor still current?

My hope was that I could work on issues as a way to get my feet wet.
Are these tracked exclusively on the main branch on GitHub?  I checked
yesterday and I only saw 2 active issues.

I think this is a fantastic project.  I love being able to use my .NET
assemblies.  Using something like Cucumber and RSpec to test my .NET classes is
huge and honestly very exciting.  I also really like the prospect to using Ruby
to code my Silverlight/WPF/Win Phone 7 applications.  I'm not as interesting in
hosting Ruby code in my CLR code.

As an outsider, it looks like IronRuby is dying a slow death given the last 6
months or so.  I want to try to do my part to keep this project not just alive,
but vibrant.  Certainly we can offer a CLR-integrated Ruby interpreter that is
as capable as JRuby.

Come on, put me to work! :)