What is the motivation for including Iron7 to the IronLanguages repo? Couldn't
it just be a separate github project?

Tomas

From: ironruby-core-boun...@rubyforge.org
[mailto:ironruby-core-boun...@rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Stuart Lodge
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:57 AM
To: ironruby-core@rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Finally trying to check in Iron7....

Hi All

I'm finally trying to check iron7 into the GitHub

I've selected to put it in /Hosts/Silverlight/Iron7 - where it can be a sibling
of WinPhone7 - and I've mostly got it building here

However, I'm still hitting the issue that Iron7 has a couple of external
dependencies - System.Windows.Controls.dll from the Silverlight toolkit and
Newtonsoft.Json.Silverlight.dll from Json.Net - and I really don't want to
remove these from the app (sorry)

I'm really not sure whether to check these in - I'm kind of scared about
messing up your lovely source tree.

Sorry if this sounds "wet"... I'm a long way from being a git or build tree
expert. Does anyone have a strong feeling about how I should check this in? I'm
more than a bit tempted just to check this into a new codeplex project using
MS-PL (or whatever license you would prefer) - someone who knows their way
around the ironlang source tree can then merge this in if they want to?

Thanks again for all your fab work on ironruby - still loving coding in it :)

Stuart