Orion et al.,

I am curious if there has been any forward momentum on addressing CLR
object serialization in IronRuby. I'm currently porting some JRuby test
framework code that utilizes DRb as an interface to serialize Java
objects for test automation. We'd like to be able to accomplish the same
in Ironruby with CLR objects. Unfortunately, I am running into the above
issue when DRb uses Marshal.load and Marshal.dump to serialize CLR  (and
CLR-backed) objects. Although there are many potential work-arounds, it
seems that the ideal scenario would be for Ironruby to competently
handle .NET family object serializations.

Although I will be implementing a work-around in the short-term, I'd be
interested in continuing this discussion. Any references you can provide
would be exceptionally useful.

Best regards,

James