That's correct, new types can't be generated at runtime and hence it is not
possible to inherit from an arbitrary CLR type.

Tomas

-----Original Message-----
From: ironpython-users-bounces+tomas.matousek=microsoft....@python.org
[mailto:ironpython-users-bounces+tomas.matousek=microsoft....@python.org] On
Behalf Of Jeff Hardy
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:59 AM
To: ironruby-core@rubyforge.org
Cc: ironpython-us...@python.org; John Lam (WINDOWS)
Subject: Re: [Ironpython-users] [Ironruby-core] IronRuby scripting in Windows
Store apps

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Tomas Matousek <tomas.matou...@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> IronPython doesn't build yet for Win8 profile, there is quite a bit of work
> to be done to make it work. If anyone is interested in making IronPython work
> or improving IronRuby let me know.

I'm interested (as you know) and I'm already neck-deep in IronPython's codegen,
so I'll probably be tackling this next. I think they may be related anyway.

FRom looking at the API reference, there's no way to generate Types at runtime
in Metro apps, right? Does IronRuby have a way to  inherit from a .NET type in
that case? IIRC that was one thing WP7 could not support.

- Jeff