Assalamu'alaikum wr wb,

Itu kasusnya adalah rumah biasa yang kemudian
dijadikan gereja tanpa izin di tengah2 penduduk yang
mayoritasnya Islam.
Hingga akhirnya timbul keributan. Oleh karena itulah
dibuat SKB 3 Menteri untuk mengatur itu.

Jangankan di Indonesia, di Eropa saja yang katanya
bebas, ummat Islam juga tidak bisa sembarangan
mendirikan masjid tanpa izin. Sebagai contoh, di
Athena sama sekali tidak ada masjid karena mayoritas
penduduk tersebut menentang pendirian masjid.
Akibatnya ummat Islam di sana (sebagian penduduk lokal
dan staf kedubes negara Islam) tak bisa beribadah di
masjid.

Intinya izin. Kalau gereja yang sudah berizin seperti
gereja Santa, dsb, mana ada ormas Islam yang mau
menggerebek? Bukankah di Bandung ada berpuluh-puluh
gereja yang berdiri dengan aman tanpa gangguan?

Greek mosque plans cause friction

   By Richard Galpin
BBC, Athens

The small Greek town of Peania nestles in the hills
north of the capital, Athens, close to the new
international airport.
It is an unremarkable place, and an air of boredom
hangs over the central square.

Athens has had no mosque since the early 19th Century
But not for much longer.

If the Greek Government has its way, the town will
become the focus for tens of thousands of Muslims
living in the capital with the construction of the
first proper mosque in the Athens area for almost 200
years.

The Foreign Ministry is pushing hard for a large
mosque and Islamic cultural centre to be built before
the Olympics get under way in just over a year's time.

  It's a very bad situation, they are violating our
human rights - we must have a right to practise our
religion and it must be in a proper mosque

Mohammed Ashad
Pakistani immigrant
More than 30,000 square metres of land have been set
aside for the buildings which will be paid for by
Saudi Arabia at a cost estimated at millions of
dollars.

The Greek Government is acting partly out of shame,
particularly with the approach of the Olympic games
which are already putting the country under the
international spotlight.

"Athens is the only capital in the European Union
without a mosque," Foreign Minister George Papandreou
admitted in a recent statement.

Makeshift mosques

It is an extraordinary fact that not a single mosque
has operated officially in the capital or its
immediate surroundings since Greece gained its
independence from the Muslim Ottoman empire in the
early 19th Century.
Mosques have been set up in apartment blocks

The growing number of Muslim immigrants in Athens from
Albania, South Asia, Africa and the Middle-East pray
at so-called "underground" mosques which are not
properly licensed.

Dozens of these makeshift mosques have been set up in
the capital in apartments, shops and garages.

"It's a very bad situation, they are violating our
human rights," says Mohammed Ashad, a Pakistani
immigrant who has lived in Greece for six years. "We
must have a right to practise our religion and it must
be in a proper mosque."

Mohammed was speaking after completing his prayers at
an underground mosque in the city centre.

It is in a dingy, run-down apartment block with a
staircase which stinks of urine.

The room which masquerades as a library, is too small
for the busiest prayer-time of the week on Fridays
when people spill out into the hall and down the
stairs.

"It's very strange because Greece is inside the
European Union and will be in the centre of Europe
with the inclusion of 10 more countries," says
Mohammed, "and yet there's no official mosque."

Plan rejected

Ambassadors representing Arab countries have been
trying to persuade the Greek Government to build a
proper mosque for almost 30 years. They are now
certain they have succeeded.

  Almost 100% of the population here is opposed to the
mosque - we were never asked if we wanted it and this
region is not suitable

Paraskevas Papakostopoulos
Mayor of Peania
"All the preparations are complete, " says Abdullah
Abdullah, the Palestinian representative in Athens.
"The Greek Government gave its approval, the Arab side
is ready for the construction and the Greek church has
given its blessing."

But back in the town of Peania where the mosque is to
be built there is fury amongst the local population.

The town council has rejected the plan and mayor
Paraskevas Papakostopoulos has appealed to the courts
to block the building of the mosque, arguing it is
illegal to use the land for construction.

"Almost 100% of the population here is opposed to the
mosque," he says. "We were never asked if we wanted it
and this region is not suitable."

Historic fear

The mayor is particularly concerned that the mosque
will be seen by visitors as they land at Athens
airport.

"This is a problem for us as the first impression
visitors will have will be something not
representative of Greek culture. They will feel they
have arrived in a Muslim country."

Officially the Greek Orthodox Church, which dominates
the country's religious life, has said it does not
oppose the new mosque.

But amongst the clergy in Peania there is a very
different view.

"I cannot conceive of this mosque being built here,"
says parish priest Father Antonios Milakis. "At the
Islamic centre they will train and ordain Muslims and
they will try to convert people of other faiths."

It seems this fear of Islam is rooted in history.

"Greece and the Greeks link Islam or Muslims with the
Turkish occupation of the country [which lasted] for
centuries and this resentment is still there," says
Abdullah Abdullah.

But ironically even the Muslims themselves are opposed
to the mosque being built in Peania.

The town is 20 kilometres from the centre of Athens
and most say they will not be able to go there for
their daily prayers as it is simply too far away.

Zaman's mosque, one of six or so in the Memphis area,
was paying for space at a private cemetery, some 45
miles away, that was nearing capacity.

But when the Muslim Society of Memphis asked a
suburban planning board for permission to build an
Islamic cemetery closer to town, in an area with
several other cemeteries, the community responded with
outrage.

"We don't need bin Laden's cousins in our
neighborhood," said one Fayette County resident during
a public hearing.

"We know for a fact that Muslim mosques have been used
as terrorist hideouts," argued another, who later
likened Muslims to Nazis.

Worried that the public outcry might pressure county
commissioners to deny the request, the Muslim Society
temporarily withdrew its application. But Zaman, who
teaches at the University of Tennessee's medical
school, says the group is determined to prevail over
the racist rhetoric.
http://www.muslimwakeup.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1114&;

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> namanya aparat itu sih harus berdiri di atas semua
> golongan
> karena dia bertindak atas nama negara bukan atas
> nama agama,
> nggak perlu takut-takutlah .. amroji dan imam
> samudra aja di tangkap
> dan di adili tapi sampai sekarang nggak ada umat
> islam yang
> bilang bahwa aparat anti terhadap islam .......
> itu karena
> mereka melakukan tindakan yang benar ...
>
> saya pikir yang bodoh itu adalah orang yang
> mendirikan rumah
> ibadah tetapi tidak mempunyai izin .. ini namanya
> perbuatan nekat
> cuma yang menjadi masalah adalah bahwa dalam kristen
> itu
> terlalu banyak aliran seperti katolik, protestan,
> advent hari ketuju,
> pantekosta dan lain-lain ... dan tiap-tiap
> golongan kayaknya
> nggak akur, karena tiap aliran tidak bisa saling
> mengijinkan untuk
> datang ke gereja setiap aliran itu. ....
> akibatnya untuk suatu kota
> yang besar tentu akan banyak gereja yang harus
> dibangun karena
> banyak alirannya .. tapi dalam islam tempat
> ibadah hanya satu
> yaitu mesjid ....
>
> dan umumnya gereja itu banyak yang ditinggalkan oleh
> umatnya
> kecuali gereja itu dibangun berdampingan dengan
> sekolah,
> sehingga kelihatannya bahwa gereja tersebut selalu
> ramai, padahal
> hal itu bukan rutinitas agama melainkan kehidupan
> sekolah
> seperti biasa. ...ini hanya secuil pengamatan saya
>
> cuma saya khawatir bahwa 23 gereja yang dikatakan di
> tutup oleh
> FPI ... ternyata memang tutup sendiri karena sudah
> ditinggalkan
> oleh umatnya ... mungkin disebabkan oleh beberapa
> sebab ....
> yah ....namanya komunitas tentu sifatnya dinamis dan
> berkembang ...
>

> salam
> yustam

Ingin belajar Islam? Mari bergabung milis Media Dakwah
Kirim email ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]