I'm starting to have doubts about this entire procedure.

I thought the plan was to get these theories (particularly in the AFP) into a
state where they no longer dependent on confusing sets with predicates so that
they would work with either version of Isabelle. I'm not sure that's possible.
I got DataRefinementIBP working with the set-version, but now it doesn't work
with the standard version. For one thing, it needs a class declaration for type
set, which obviously cannot work with the standard version, but other proofs
also fail to work with the standard version.

I don't think it's possible to have it both ways. We need to either say we are
making this change (and then pushing it through) or not making this change.

Larry