On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Makarius wrote:

Since we have had 2-3 incidents recently, it is time now to make a fresh clone using a recent version of Mercurial (not the 1.0 we've had in 2008). I have already recovered most of the meta-information that is required for this (Unix permissions etc.).

This is now in Admin/Mercurial/Central, see Isabelle/71136069089d.

A bit later we just switch the directories of the old vs. new central clone, which means two atomic "mv" operations on the local file system.

The clone is already ready, see http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle-clone

I am just waiting for Alex (or anybody else who might potentially apply some administrative operations to the bare metal repository) to confirm that we are ready for the exchange.

        Makarius