On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

This wasn’t noticed because there was nothing to notice: the problem is the absence of something, rather than the presence, so it’s subtle and insidious.

That's right, but the insidiousness of real problems has always been part of the game that we are playing here. One needs the seventh sense to look behind the facade of everyday incidents.

In recent years I find myself more and more distracted by increasing noise on the net, and I don't even have a smartphone and I am not a member of Facebook and the like.

        Makarius