Another possibility is to call one of them is_subseq.

Tobias

On 30/06/2017 08:17, Andreas Lochbihler wrote:
Hi Manuel,

Well, how about changing Sublist.subseq to Sublist.subsequence? And accordingly strict_subseq to strict_subsequence or ssubsequence?

Andreas

On 28/06/17 19:49, Manuel Eberl wrote:
Yes, I noticed that as well. I decided to leave it that way since, well,
we do have qualified names.

If anybody has better suggestions, I am open to implementing them.

Manuel

On 2017-06-28 17:05, Andreas Lochbihler wrote:
Dear all,

While porting some of my theories to the current development version,
I've just noticed that the renaming of sublisteq to subseq done by
Manuel in May (639eb3617a86) has one bad effect:

The name subseq is already used in Topological_Spaces to formalise the
concept of a subsequence. This name is now hidden by the definition in
Sublist, in particular when I import HOL-Probability.

Can this name clash be eliminated before the next release such that I
don't have to write Topological_Spaces.subseq everywhere?

Thanks,
Andreas