----- Forwarded Message -----

From: SALMAN BIN MUHAMMAD <sal...@bernas.com.my>
> [...]
>Sabbath. It is the day the Jews are not allowed to work, but to spend the day
>singing praises to the Lord. They are not allowed to work because according to
>Jews; their God, Himself rested on that day, having completed His creations in
>six days, so the Bible says.
>
>To the Christians, Friday is generally considered a bad day. It is the day
>Adam ate the Forbidden Fruit, and the beginning of Prophet Noah’s Great Flood.
>Their good day is Sunday, the day according to them, Jesus was resurrected.
>
>Although Friday is not a good day to the Christians, if it falls during the
>Easter Week, then it becomes Good Friday. It becomes a good day because
>according to christians on that day, Jesus was crucified.
>
>The Friday, the day on which according to christians, Jesus was crucified, is
>actually not good, for crucifixion, is not a good thing. But according to
>christians, it is considered a Good Friday because according to
>christians, through that crucifixion, according to christians, the Original
>Sin of mankind is erased. For this reason, that Friday is considered a good
>Friday, although in general Friday is bad, according to christians.
>
>Thus, unlike Muslims who generally believe that Jesus was never crucified, the
>Christians would not be Christians if they do not believe that Jesus was
>crucified. To the Muslims, the crucifixion of Jesus is at best a possibility,
>which they / muslims generally reject. To the Christians, it is a certainty.
>Not believing in it would make their faith flawed.
>
>Now, the Muslims’ main contention is due to the fact that the Qur`an (chapter
>4: verses 156-159) makes it clear that Jesus was neither slain, nor crucified.
>Some Muslims theorize that a man which ALLAH Had changed him to look like
>Jesus a.s. was crucified. That man looked like Jesus a.s. did not die on the
>cross. He only fainted, because people don’t die through crucifixion that
>soon. Death because of crucifixion was supposed to take days, not hours. Or
>more precisely, according to christians, six hours in the case of according to
>christians, Jesus’ alleged crucifixion. This becomes known as the Swoon Theory.
>
>According to christians,They argued that Jesus was already beaten to a pulp.
>He was already half dead, so according to christians, to speak, by the time he
>was crucified. That he died soon thereafter was not at all improbable.
>According to christians,perhaps God did not want him to suffer much longer.
>
>I would say to my Muslim brothers holding the Swoon Theory, to cut the crap.
>Since the Qur`an is already very clear on the matter, we need not theorize any
>further. Jesus a.s. was not slain, nor crucified, but only made to appear like
>that to the eyes of the people, Quran says. Enough said.
>
>For the Christians, however, crucifixion is a matter of faith. It is one of
>their pillars. For Christianity to hold water, Jesus must die on the Cross

--- Begin Message ---
Salam sorry...can you send this email with bigger fonts please...its hurting
one's eyesight....thank you..

Suriati Othman

________________________________
From: SALMAN BIN MUHAMMAD <sal...@bernas.com.my>
To: ABD GHAFFAR BIN A RAHMAN <ghaf...@bernas.com.my>; ABD HALIM BIN SALEH
<ahal...@bernas.com.my>; ABD MADZI BIN IDRIS <ma...@bernas.com.my>; ABDUL AZIZ
BIN ISMAIL <aba...@bernas.com.my>; ABDUL RAHMAN BIN MOHD NASRI
<arahm...@bernas.com.my>; ABDUL RAZAK BIN ABDULLAH <raz...@bernas.com.my>;
ABDUL RAZAK BIN HAMZAH <raz...@bernas.com.my>; ADLI BIN CHE AAD
<ad...@bernas.com.my>; AFFANDDY BIN NARANI <a...@bernas.com.my>; AHMAD AZRAAI
BIN AHMAD ZABRI <azr...@bernas.com.my>; AHMAD FAISOL BIN ABDUL RAHMAN
<fai...@bernas.com.my>; AHMAD GHUNAIM BIN DAUD <ahmad_ghun...@bernas.com.my>;
AHMAD NAWAWI BIN ISMAIL <naw...@bernas.com.my>; AHMAD NAZRI BIN ZAINAL
<ahmadna...@bernas.com.my>; AKIP BIN ISMAILA <a...@bernas.com.my>; ALDRIN
NORSAN BIN AHMAD <aldrinnor...@bernas.com.my>; ALIAH BINTI BACHIK
<al...@bernas.com.my>; AZBIR BIN ABU BAKAR <az...@bernas.com.my>; AZHAR BIN
ABDULAH <az...@bernas.com.my>; AZHARI BIN AHMAD <azh...@bernas.com.my>; AZIS
BIN YASSIN
 <az...@bernas.com.my>; AZLINA BINTI YASSIN <azl...@bernas.com.my>; AZLIYANA
BINTI YAAKOB <azliy...@bernas.com.my>; AZMAROZI BIN AHMAD
<azmar...@bernas.com.my>; AZMI BIN ALI <azmi...@bernas.com.my>; BADROL HISHAM
BIN ABDULLAH <badr...@bernas.com.my>; BAKAR BIN HASSAN <bak...@bernas.com.my>;
FADZIL BIN AWANG KECHIK <fadzi...@bernas.com.my>; FADZIL BIN MOHD SALLEH
<fad...@bernas.com.my>; FARIDAH BINTI ABU BAKAR TITINGAN
<fari...@bernas.com.my>; HJ. ARIFIN BIN ROSLAN <arif...@bernas.com.my>; IRWAN
BIN SARDAN <ir...@bernas.com.my>; isma_ha...@yahoo.com; ISMAIL BIN AHMAD
<ismailah...@bernas.com.my>; JAMALUDIN BIN AHAMAD <jamalud...@bernas.com.my>;
JASNIH BIN DAYA <jas...@bernas.com.my>; JAZIMAH BINTI ABU BAKAR
<jazi...@bernas.com.my>; KAMARUL ARIFIN BIN AHMAD
<kamarulari...@bernas.com.my>; KARMAWATY BINTI ABU BAKAR
<karmaw...@bernas.com.my>; KHAIRUL ANWAR BIN PHARO <khairu...@bernas.com.my>;
MARWAN AZIZI BIN ZAINUDIN <mar...@bernas.com.my>; MAS HENDRA BIN
 LATIF <mhen...@bernas.com.my>; MD FAIZAL BIN MD ALI <fai...@bernas.com.my>; MD
KAMAL BIN SAMSUDIN <mka...@bernas.com.my>; MD RAFFI BIN ABD AZIZ
<mra...@bernas.com.my>; MEGAT ROSLI BIN MEGAT DIWA <mro...@bernas.com.my>;
MOHAMAD RIDZUAN BIN IDRIS <mridzu...@bernas.com.my>; MOHAMED FAROQUE BIN
MOHAMED FATHILLAH <faro...@bernas.com.my>; MOHAMMAD AMIRUZI BIN HUSSEIN
<amir...@bernas.com.my>; MOHAMMED KAMALUDDIN BIN MOHD EFFENDIE
<kamalfen...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD FAIZUL MOHAMMAD AZAHAR
<mfai...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD GHAUS BIN OMAR <gh...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD
KHAZANI BIN KASSIM <mkhaz...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD NASIR BIN JAAFAR
<nas...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD NAWAWI BIN HUSSIN <nawa...@bernas.com.my>; MOHD
RUSHDAN BIN MUHAMAD YUSOF <mohdrush...@bernas.com.my>;
mohd-khazani.yu...@shell.com; MUHAMAD KASUMA BIN SAID
<kasumas...@bernas.com.my>; MUHAMAD SHAHRIL BIN MUHAMMAD ADZMIN
<shah...@bernas.com.my>; NIK MOHD AUNI BIN NIK MAT <nika...@bernas.com.my>; NOR
AZMINUDDIN
 NORDIN <naz...@bernas.com.my>; NOR HASHIMAH BINTI MAT REJAB
<norhashi...@bernas.com.my>; NOR RAMSURI BIN ABDUL RAHMAN
<rams...@bernas.com.my>; Norazmi <nazmin7...@gmail.com>; NORHAYATI BINTI ZAINAL
ABIDIN <yat...@bernas.com.my>; NORMAH BINTI ARSHAD <norm...@bernas.com.my>;
NORMALA BINTI HASSAN <norm...@bernas.com.my>; perkim...@googlegroups.com; RATNA
SARI DEWI BINTI ABDUL AZIZ <ra...@bernas.com.my>; ROSLAN BIN KHAMIS
<r...@bernas.com.my>; SANI BIN WAHI <s...@bernas.com.my>; SHAHRI BIN ABU MANSUL
<sha...@bernas.com.my>; SYED AZARIN BIN SYED ZAINAL ABIDIN JAMALULLAIL
<saza...@bernas.com.my>; TG SH ZAMROOD BINTI TG SYED ABDUL KADIR
<zamr...@bernas.com.my>; YUSRI BIN YAHYA <yu...@bernas.com.my>; ZULKIFLI BIN
ZAINAL <zulkif...@bernas.com.my>; ZURAIDA BINTI ZAINAL ABIDIN
<zuraida...@bernas.com.my>; ZURKARNAIN BIN MOHD YUSOFF
<zurkarn...@bernas.com.my>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:56 PM
Subject: Good Friday & Crucifixion

Last Friday was Friday the 13th. It was a bad Friday.
The Friday before that was the Good Friday. Many Christians were fasting that
day, and the churches all over the world were holding religious service,
commemorating the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus.

Friday is a good day for Muslims. It is the chief of all days. On this day, the
Muslim men would observe the Friday Prayer in congregation, the only prayer
that is not valid except being observed in a group. If the day of pilgrimage
happens to fall on Friday, it is considered a Hajj Kubra, or Great Pilgrimage.

The Jews consider the chief of day on Saturday, which they call Sabbath. It is
the day the Jews are not allowed to work, but to spend the day singing praises
to the Lord. They are not allowed to work because God Himself rested on that
day, having completed His creations in six days, so the Bible says.

To the Christians, Friday is generally considered a bad day. It is the day Adam
ate the Forbidden Fruit, and the beginning of Prophet Noah’s Great Flood. Their
good day is Sunday, the day Jesus was resurrected.

Although Friday is not a good day to the Christians, if it falls during the
Easter Week, then it becomes Good Friday. It becomes a good day because on that
day, Jesus was crucified.

The Friday, the day on which Jesus was crucified, is actually not good, for
crucifixion is not a good thing. But it is considered a Good Friday because
through that crucifixion, the Original Sin of mankind is erased. For this
reason, that Friday is considered a good Friday, although in general Friday is
bad.

Thus, unlike Muslims who generally believe that Jesus was never crucified, the
Christians would not be Christians if they do not believe that Jesus was
crucified. To the Muslims, the crucifixion of Jesus is at best a possibility,
which they generally reject. To the Christians, it is a certainty. Not
believing in it would make their faith flawed.

Now, the Muslims’ main contention is due to the fact that the Quran (chapter 4:
verses 156-159) makes it clear that Jesus was neither slain, nor crucified.
Some Muslims theorize that even supposed Jesus was crucified, he did not die on
the cross. He only fainted, because people don’t die through crucifixion that
soon. Death because of crucifixion was supposed to take days, not hours. Or
more precisely, six hours in the case of Jesus’ alleged crucifixion. This
becomes known as the Swoon Theory.

The Christians argued that Jesus was already beaten to a pulp. He was already
half dead, so to speak, by the time he was crucified. That he died soon
thereafter was not at all improbable. Perhaps God did not want him to suffer
much longer.

I would say to my Muslim brothers holding the Swoon Theory to cut the crap.
Since the Quran is already very clear on the matter, we need not theorize any
further. Jesus was not slain, nor crucified, but only made to appear like that
to the eyes of the people, Quran says. Enough said.

For the Christians, however, crucifixion is a matter of faith. It is one of
their pillars. For Christianity to hold water, Jesus must die on the Cross

More at my blog:
http://smderis.blogspot.com/2012/04/good-friday-and-need-for-crucifixion.html

Salman Muhammad
AGM Business Process Department