What Allah Said..

The Most Merciful ascended above the Throne [Soorah Taa-Haa(20):5]

Do you feel secure that He is above the heavens will not cause you to be
swallowed up by the earth when it shakes (as in an earthquake)? Or do you
feel secure that He who is above the heavens will not send against you a
violent tornado? Then you shall know how (terrible) was My warning.
[Soorah Mulk(67):16-17]

What His Prophet (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said..

The Prophet (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) asked ( the slave girl), "where is
Allah?" She replied, "He is above the sky." He (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
asked her, "Who am I?" She said " You are Allah's Messenger." He (Sallahu
Alaihi Wasallam) said (to her master), "Free her, for she is a believer."
Reported by Muslim (1/537).

What his Companions Radhiallahu anhum ajmaeen) said..

Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (Radhiallhu anhu) said about Allah's saying, " Then He
rose over the Throne,"
" The Throne is over the water, and Allah is above (fawqa) the Throne, and
knows what you are upon."
(Khalq Af'aalul- 'Ibaad of Imaam al Bukhaaree, No 103)

Abdullah ibn Abbaas said, "Verily Allah was above His Throne before He
created anything, then He created the creation and decreed what was to exist
until the Day of Judgement."
(Sharh Usoolul-Itiqaad of al-Laalikaa'ee No: 660)

What our earlier Imaams and Salafus saliheens said..

Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak (d 181H) said, " We do not say as the Jahmiyya say,
that Allah is on the earth, rather He has risen over His Throne." And it was
said to him, "How should we know our Lord?" He said, "Above the Heavens,
over('alaa) His Throne."
(Khalq Af'aalul- 'Ibaad of Imaam al Bukhaaree, No 13)

Imaam Malik ( d. 179H) said, "Al-Istiwaa is known, and how is unknown, to
have eemaan in it is obligatory and to question it an innovation."  Then he
said to the questioner, "I do not think except that you are an evil man." So
he ordered him to be expelled.
(Reported by  al-Bayhaqee in Al-Asmaaa was-Sifaat, page 516 & ad-Daarimee
also reported it in Ar-Radd 'alal-Jahmiyya, Page 55)

Muhammad ibn Yoosuf (one of the teachers of Imaam Bukhaaree) said, " The one
who says that Allah is not over ('alaa) His Throne is a kaafir. And the one
who thinks that Allah did not speak to Moosaa (Alaihisalaam) is a kaafir."
(Khalq Af'aalul- 'Ibaad of Imaam al Bukhaaree, No 66)

Rabee'atur-Ra'ee (d.136H) said, "Al-Istiwaa (Allah Ascending) is not
unknown, and how (it occurs) is not comprehendable, and from Allah is the
Message, upon the Messenger is to convey, and upon us is to affirm."
(Reported by  al-Bayhaqee in Al-Asmaaa was-Sifaat, page 516 and
Usoolul-Itiqaad of al-Laalikaa'ee No: 665)

The pious Predecessors agree that the meaning of Istiwaa is explained by the
following four words:
To rise, to ascend, to be settled or established.

Imaam Bukhaaree (May Allah have mercy on him) said in his Saheeh, "Mujaahid
said, .."Istawaa alal-'Arsh (meaning)  'alaa ( i.e., ascended), " and Ishaaq
ibn Raahawaiah said, "I heard more than one of the Mufassireen saying,
'Ar-Rahmaan 'alal-'arsh istawaa (meaning) irtafa'a (i.e. ascended), and
Muhammad ibn Jareer said regarding this verse, it means 'alaa and irtafa'a."

There is nothing like Him and He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing. [Soorah
Tash-Shoora(42):11]

Allah Knows the best

If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error,
e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Give hope to a child.
Helping a needy child is easier than you think.
Click here to meet someone who needs your help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hq3f6C/iJlJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM