Salaam aley kum warahmahtullah

Now, we are coving Characterstics of the Thinking. Superficial Thinking and
Proufound Thinking, how both ingrains errorneous THOUGHTS or way of thinking in
muslms.

We will cover PROFOUND THINKING in next chapter. PELASE PLEAS PLESE READ AND ASK
QUESTIONS. as many questions as possible. even it is somethign small or minor.

Ma-salama

Prince of Destiny

Characteristics of the Current Islamic Thought

Islam today is acquired and studied through these methods, and it is obvious by
their nature that they cannot establish any Islamic thinking. As a result of
their
prevalence, idleness in thinking. and superficial and emotional thinking are
encompassing the current thinking of Muslims in spite of the tremendous number
of
Muslims studying Islam in universities, masjids, and institutions, and the
increasing number of Shaykhs. These methods naturally lead to such a situation
because Islam is no longer viewed as an ideology that shapes the point of view
towards life. Rather, Islam is taken either as rigid or static information, or
as
stories to appease the emotions. Following are some characteristics of the
current
thinking of the Muslim Ummah that have emerged as a result of acquiring Islam
through these methods.

Superficial Thinking

Thinking can be characterized as either superficial, profound, or enlightened.
The
superficial thinking results from a lack of deep and comprehensive study of the
situation, and the individual who resorts to this thinking is content with
looking
at the surface of any event or situation. This superficial though reflects in
the
current political thinking of the Muslims. When Muslims look to the existing
states
in the Muslim world, they think that these states are independent and that the
rulers have their own will simply because they each have their own borders,
flag,
constitution, and membership in international organizations. However, if the
same
person who reaches this conclusion would spend time studying the reality of
these
states, how they were developed, and their relationship with the West, he would
not
conclude that these states are independent.

Another example of superficial thinking is claiming that Democracy parallels the
Shura that Islam calls for based solely upon the fact that Islam recommends
consultation and gives the Ummah the right to choose the Khalifah. However,
closely
examining the ideological basis of Democracy in a profound way will reveal that
Democracy is a specific system based on the notion that the human being has the
right to make his own laws and decide for himself his own standards of right and
wrong. This notion contradicts the basis of the Islamic system, which states
that
only Allah (swt) has the right to make laws and decide what is halal and haram
while
the human being has only the right to understand and implement these laws. Not
only
do the Democratic and Islamic systems differ in the source of their laws but in
the
process of extracting the laws from the legal sources. Whereas in Democracy the
process of extracting laws is governed by the prevailing interests of the
society,
in Islam the process of extracting laws in done through ijtihad, which is a
specific
process that is dictated by the Arabic language and the strength of the evidence
from the legal text. Furthermore, the institution of Shura as defined by Islam
is
distinct from the functions of the Congresses and Parliaments of the West.

Still another example of superficial thinking among Muslims is seen in the
evaluation of some individuals and movements by their external features without
attempting to study what they call for, how they think, how they were
established,
and other factors, in a profound and critical way. No one can be a good person
by
the mere fact that he is a member of a specific group or because he has a long
beard
or holds a religious position. By the same token, no group or institution can be
considered Islamic simply because it carries the name of Islam and its founders
are
Muslims. Both cases require probing beyond the apparent features and
scrutinizing
any individual or group that claims the name of Islam.

Because this type of thinking requires very little effort, most people find its
utilization easy. And with the passage of time, individuals will gradually be
content with this type of thinking if left to their own devices. This type of
thinking has to be fought because of its lack of productivity, both for the
individual as well as for the Ummah.--- Prince Of Destiny
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Salam aley kum warahmahtullah
>
> 1. “When the Earth is shaken with her (final) earthquake. And Earth yields up
> her
> burdens, And man says: What has befallen her? On that day she shall tell her
> news,
> Because your Lord had inspired her.” [al-zilzala,99 :1-5]
>
> Abu Hurraairah narrated that Rasool-Allah (Saw) recited “On that day she shall
> tell
> her news” [Al-Zilala,99 :4]. Then he (Saw) inquired, “Do you know what its
> ‘news’
> are?” He was told “Allah and His Rasool know better.” He said, “Its news are
> that
> it
> shall bear witness against every slave man and woman concerning that which
> they
> did
> on its back. It will say ‘you did this and this on such and such day.’ These
> will
> be
> its news.” (tirmidhi)
>
> 2. “Before thee We sent (apostles) to many nations, and We afflicted the
> nations
> with suffering and adversity, that they might learn humility. When the
> suffering
> reached them from us, why then did they not learn On the contrary their hearts
> became hardened, and Satan made their (sinful) acts seem alluring to them.”
> (An-naam6 :42-43)
>
> 3. “Do you feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not cause you to be
> swallowed
> up by the earth when it shakes (as in an earthquake)?” [al mulk64 .16]
>
> 4. “And to (the people of) Madyan (Midian), We sent their brother Shu'aib
> (Shuaib).
> He said: "O my people! Worship Allah, and hope for (the reward of good deeds
> by
> worshipping Allâh Alone, on) the last Day, and commit no mischief on the
> earth as
> Mufsidun (those who commit great crimes, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers,
> corrupts). And they belied him [Shu'aib (Shuaib)], so the earthquake seized
> them,
> and they lay (dead), prostrate in their dwellings. And 'Ad and Thamud
> (people)!
> And
> indeed (their destruction) is clearly apparent to you from their (ruined)
> dwellings.
> Shaitan (Satan) made their deeds fair-seeming to them, and turned them away
> from
> the
> (Right) Path, though they were intelligent.” [al Ankabout29 :36 -38]
>
> 5. “So they killed the she camel and insolently defied the Commandment of
> their
> Lord, and said: "O Salih (Saleh)! Bring about your threats if you are indeed
> one
> of
> [...]

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links