Zain Abedin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
"And keep yourself steadfastly patient (by keeping company with) those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, desiring His Face." al-Qur'an : 18:28

The Islamic Studies And Research Association
ISRA INTERNATIONAL INVITES YOU TO
Reviving the Deen
An Imam Al- Ghazali Study Retreat
 Led by noted Egyptian Ghazali scholar
Shaykh  Ibrahim El- Batawy (Al-Azhar)

Presentations by: Shaykh Ahmed Abdur-Rashid;  Hajjah Noura Durkee; Shaykh Haroon Rashid Faye; Dr. Abd Al Haqq Godlas; Dr.Abdelhadi Honerkamp: Introduction by: Shaykh Nooruddin Durkee

Friday-Monday, December 23-26, 2005: (During the Christmas Break)
Friday, Dec. 23: 1:30-3 PM / 6:30-10 PM Saturday, Dec. 24: 10:00 AM-10 PM
Sunday, Dec. 25:
10:00 AM- 10PM Monday, Dec. 26: 10:00 AM- 5:30 PM
Note: Friday Dec.23: Jumuah Prayer (Khatib: shaykh Battawi) @ 1:30 PM Evening program @ 6:30PM

Masjid Noor-ul-Huda, 517 Winmet Drive Columbia, SC 29203
803-754-2632 / 843-659-2195
I-20 Exit # 70 : For Detailed Directions Please Check : www.mapquest.com
For more details contact ISRA : www.IsraInternational.com E-Mail:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Highlights:
Nightly gatherings of Dhikr/ Salawaat / Qur'anic Recitation / Company of Saliheen / Islamic Nashid (songs) / Questions, answers and Discussions/Brotherhood-Sisterhood

Introduction Of The Retreat:
This is an unprecedented opportunity to share the Winter break (Christmas weekend) in the company of a great Ghazali scholar and modern day exemplar of olden day Awliyyah and Saliheen (Friends and Righteous people of Allah), namely Shaykh Ibrahim Muhammad Al- Battawi  from Egypt.He will be transmitting the jewels of Islamic knowledge from    "Ihya Uloom Al-Deen," a masterpiece of Islamic spirituality by Imam Al- Ghazali (R.A.).He will be assisted by well known American Scholars and Shaykhs.
About Imam Al-Ghazali:
Imam al-Ghazali is one of the greatest Islamic Jurists, theologians and mystical thinkers.He is recognized as the revivor of Deen in the fifth century of the  Islamic era.  He wrote great Islamic works which numbered about seventy.His monumental book "Ihya Uloom al-Deen" is considered to be  a  masterpiece work on Islam and its spirituality (tasawwuf).  He is remembered even today as the foremost authority on Islam and is lovingly called "Hujjat-ul-Islam", or the proof of Islam.
About Shaykh El- Batawy
Shaykh Ibrahim Muhammad el-Batawy is a Shaykh of Shadhdhuli tariqa in Egypt. Upon the advise of his Shaykh he started teaching Islam to the  foreigners.He  fulfilled this duty in the course of his twenty-five year tenure at al-Azhar University, where his main focus was the teaching of Islamic philosophy, specifically the Ihya 'Ulumu-d-Din of Imam al-Ghazali . His students came from all over the world. After attending Azhar classes they will go to the nearby zawiyah of the Shaykh, where he instructed them in the Shari'ah Based Tasawwuf understanding of the Qur'an,Sunnah and all other Islamic sciences.Shaykh Ibrahim is in his late eighties (may Allah give him good health), is now retired, but continues teaching from the zawiyah on Azhar St. as well as from a new Masjid and Zawiyah he has constructed in the Heliopolis area of Misr Gadeed on the desert outskirts of Cairo.
Accommodations:
The following hotels are within 10 minutes of driving distance from the Masjid, please contact them directly or through the internet (for best rates):
1.Super 8 Motel (I-20 Exit # 70); 803-735-0008
2. Travelodge (I-20 Exit 74) : 803-736-1600
3.Baymont Inn & Suites (I-20 Exit # 74) 803-736-6400
Limited sleeping space is available at the Masjid for singles: Please call 843-659-2195

Registration: Call in registration is now open @ 843-659-2195: Online registration is available from November 30 @ www.IsraInternational.com Send an e-mail @ [EMAIL PROTECTED]  to receive a registration form.
Entire program: Family : $ 100 -  Single : $ 60 / One day only : Family : $ 40 - Single : $ 20 / Children under 12 FREE : Over 12 : $ 3  per child per day. The registration includes meals for all  registrants. Friday: Dinner only/Saturday & Sunday : Lunch -Dinner /Monday: Lunch only
Please copy this form to register other families or attendees.
Registration Form

Name:-------------------------------------------------- Attending Spouse--------------------------------- And

Family-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City, State, and Zip -----------------------------------------------------------Phone------------------------------

E-mail ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Registration Amount From Above and enter: $--------------------------

 Brotherhood Fund (Donate Generously)                     $---------------------------

 Total Amount Enclosed:                                                $---------------------------

Payment Method : Telephone / Fax / Mail / Credit Card (Check  One)
Check Enclosed: ( Please make checks payable to ISRA)
Charge my credit card: Visa Master Card AX Discover Card (circle one)

Mail completed registration form with check to : ISRA, PO Box 357, Turbeville, SC 29162-0357 / or fax it to 843-659-2195/ or call 843-659-2195 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                     Al-Hamdu lillah Wa Shukru liilah Wa la ilaha Illal-lah
www.IsraInternational.com: 843-659-2195

O Allah, O Sufficer of the isolated and weak and Protector against terrifying affairs! Offenses have isolated me, so there is none to be my companion. I am too weak for Thy wrath and there is none to strengthen me. I have approached the terror of meeting Thee and there is none to still my fear. I beg for Your Mercy!  Ameen
Push On Dua!

Yahoo! Shopping

Holy quran