For All You Java Junkies and Company Co-Dependents: Wake Up and Smell the
Coffee!

  American Companies investing in settler relocation and Palestinian occupation
would love Americans to believe that the tone of accusation is false. The facts
are wrong. The topic is meaningless. The presence of Israeli democratic
perfection- civil rights, spiritual solidarity, highways to the Holy Land- is
eternally before us; but the evil little secret in the center of the myth is
democracy is all the lies that support OCCUPATION and that it will continue to
exist without us knowing and doing anything about it, without the price of what
we put on our credit cards to support the deaths of innocent human beings and
all the other pain exacted.
   Let’s face the facts, it is not possible for a person to do anything really
constructive if he has already been assured that anything of huge importance
will take place without him, that transformation, change, revolution- or
whatever you want to call it- do not call for his or her participation, and
that a you as a person can somehow stand forever on the outside of the circle
of effectiveness.
   Businesses attempt to cover their own tracks by offering us bogus and
insincere commentary. Is Halliburton not the major blood sucker in Iraq and one
of the biggest hustlers in human history? But let’s get back to the Palestinian
point…
   We typically fall for the denials and half-truths of American vested
corporate interest because deep down inside we want to consider the “real deal”
as being trivial and unimportant, while the things that deeply matter to the
Palestinian people go on eternally without us because we didn’t give a damn
about making even the smallest alteration in the irrelevant things we eat or
drink.
  I am not asking anybody to wage a campaign about forcing the Jews out of
Palestine. This is a land that holds spiritual value to all three faiths. I am
asking for real democracy and the kind that comes without apartheid walls,
without ethnic and religious profiling that allows for inadequate healthcare,
education, oppression and the disregard of human life; and lies that compromise
the leverage of our own sense of moral potency!
   The body and conscience of the average American citizen is in denial. Why?
Because it allows us to grant ourselves an unofficial pardon for the human pain
we support with our dollars and dimes. Much of that pain is the economic
foundation of our own material advantage and Israel’s.
  Why must we be shaken from our dreams to do the right thing? We claim to be
sophisticated people while acting like we are suffering from intellectual and
moral retardation. If we can’t give up a donut and a cup of coffee from
Starbucks while people are dying from every sip, then go ahead and enjoy this
life, live it up- paradise might just be for someone else. My Creator knows
best. I don’t pretend for one minute to know. I just would not want the
entrance to the gate to stand before me and a jelly-filled donut!

  To all those offended, I’m just exercising my First Amendment rights and a
duty to tell it like it is. If it interferes with your latte, get over it!
Personally I prefer a beverage that isn’t mixed with someone’s blood.

  Khalilah Sabra
  MAS-Freedom Foundation, NC

Mariam Sobh <> wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum,