Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

ILM DAWAH presents: Thematic study of the Seerah of Prophet Muhammad SAW
Two day intensive  -  Makkan & Medina period - 14th and 21st March 09

Why must we study Seerah?

1] Studying the life of Prophet Muhammad [sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam] is like
studying history of Islam

2] Life of Rasul Allah [sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam] is a testimony of his
prophethood

3] To develop the proper love of Rasul Allah [sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam] in
our hearts

4] Studying seerah is essential for helping us develop an Islamic identity and
character

5] To follow the way of the Rasul Allah [sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam]

6] Studying seerah is ibadah

7] To help understand the Quran

8] His life illustrates the methodological steps of the Islamic Movement

9] Simply put - the Seerah is the life of the greatest person ever!

Rasul
Allah [sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam] was the greatest man on earth.
There is no other yardstick to measure greatness or nobility or
anything. Michael Hart wrote a book called "The 100: A Ranking of the
Most Influential Persons in History" and he listed Rasul Allah [sal
Allahu alayhi wa sallam] as number one.

Of course this ranking
means nothing to us, we already know without a doubt that our Rasul
cannot be compared to any other human. But it just shows that even
non-Muslims who have truly studied the seerah admit without hesitation
that his life was the best life.

As We Study The Seerah, See Yourself As A Character In It.

Tutor: Sheikh Ahmed Saad
Sheikh Ahmed Mohamed Saad, born into a family of scholars and Huffaz from
Egypt. He finished the memorization of the whole Qur'an at the age of ten and
studied traditional Islamic sciences at the hands of his late father
and then started the studies at Al-Azhar until he graduated from
Al-Azhar University with BA Honours in Islamic studies in English.

Currently Imam Saad lives in London where he serves as the Imam of the
North London Central Mosque. He has been actively involved in
Interfaith and Da`wa activities in London

Courses notes provided.