Hi John,

Maybe you could try using exceptions, use the following example to find
out if it works for you. Off course, you need to find the key for logins
(not Restricted Application Executed as in the example) and found the
exact string number that contains the type of login (administrator rights
in this case) in the Windows's log.

Hope it will be helpful.
Italo Tapia
Chile

All log events for the preceding events types will fire for all associated
events. In some cases firing of these events are not wanted, for example
an administrative user launching a management application. If the auditing
is set for “Everyone” this will write and event to the logs and
subsequently fire an event. To alleviate unwanted alerts exceptions can be
implemented at the sensor level to 1.) Keep the event from cluttering the
Site Protector console and 2.) keep the event from being written to the
Site Protector DB.  Exceptions are created in the policy file of the
sensor.

Note: Exceptions are only applicable to OS event types there is no
facility for writing exceptions for Network based events.

Locate or Export the policy file. Open the policy file with Notepad.
Locate the signature you wish to create a filter for. From the list of
examples above, particularly Application Execution, you will look for:

[\Advanced\userdefinedsignatures\NT EventLog Rules\Restricted Application
Executed\];
Enabled =B      1;
Priority        =L      1;
Event Log Source        =S      Security;
Event Log SourceName    =S      ;
Event Log Type  =L      0;
Event Log Category      =L      0;
Event Log ID    =L      560;
Regular Expression      =S      ;
CheckDescription        =S       Execution of a privileged application;

Once the event has been located the exception lines can be added to filter
based on any information gleaned from the event. The lines are added after
all discernable event metrics, in this example the exception would be
placed after CheckDescription. Exceptions use the @String method to
identify what information determines if the event is ignored. The lines to
be added are as follows:

IgnoreCaseX =B 1/0;
RegExpX =S string to determine ignore value;
ExceptX =B 1/0;

Where X is the @String value for the event. For example, if the @String
value for the user was String 2 then the exception would look like:

IgnoreCase2 =B 1;
RegExp2 =S Administrator;
Except2 =B 1;

This will trigger an alert for every execution of the application except
when the user executing is the Administrator user. Several exceptions can
be added to cover many ignore items such as user and machine, or user and
domain etc.

"Ndungu, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Monday, December 19, 2005