In case some of you don't know that this special opportunity is available
right here in the Chicago area, I thought I would forward this to the list.
SSMA is making this a very special event with a lot of special opportunities
and resources for participants and this special deal too. I hope Illinois
has a strong turn out.

******************************
Final announcement about the 100th Anniversary conference of the School
Science and Mathematics Association [SSMA]. Registration below is
available to Chicago area mathematics and science teachers.
******************************

SPECIAL VALUE FOR CHICAGO AREA EDUCATORS

You have an opportunity to attend this landmark centennial meeting if
you act quickly. The School Science and Mathematics Association is
offering several options to Chicago area teachers and students that will
allow "flexible' attendance at this meeting. Go to the SSMA web site at
http://www.ssma.org/ for complete program details.

The SSMA 100th Anniversary and Annual Conference will be held at the
DoubleTree Guest Suites and Esplanade Conference Center in Downer's Grove,
IL (outside Chicago) on November 1-3, 2001.

The conference theme will be "Celebrating the Past, Present, and Future of
Science and Mathematics Education."

Registration must be completed in advance (prior to October 20th) if
choosing a meal option whether it be full or one day -- no on-site
registration will be available, except for "non-meal" registrants.

TO REGISTER, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] INDICATING ONE OF THE
FOLLOWING OPTIONS:

____"regular" three day registration that includes all conference meals
and activities ($185 for members -- includes CD pack; $225 for non-members
with no CD pack; $135 for full time students -- includes membership and CD
pack)

____"non-meal" three day registration (available only for locals) that
excludes breakfasts, lunches and banquets for $100 (no CD pack) or $135
(includes membership and CD pack)

____"Friday only registration" that includes lunch only for $50 or lunch
and banquet for $75 (no CD pack)

____"Saturday only registration" that includes lunch only for $50 or lunch
and banquet for $75 (no CD pack)

PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING REGISTRATION FORM

Name (Print or Type AS YOU WISH IT TO APPEAR ON YOUR NAME BADGE):

Street Address:

City:

State:

Zip:

Phone:

Fax:

E-mail:

For those attending Saturday's sessions, please indicate only one category
regarding Saturday afternoon, 11/3/01:

          I want to tour the Lederman Science Education Center at Fermilab
(limited to the first 75)
          I want to tour the Fermilab National Accelerator Facility
(limited to the first 200)
          or I prefer to attend regular conference sessions at the
Fermilab rather than attend either tour

For those registering for food functions, please indicate any SPECIAL
dietary requirements:

Send the above information via email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or fax the
information to William Speer at 702-895-4898.

The registration form can also be printed out and mailed along with
payment to:
William Speer
1800 Alisal Court
Henderson, NV 89074

It is possible to send in your registration and then make payment by
credit card by calling SSMA Headquarters at 1-866-227-SSMA.

          \   ///
          / ^   ^ \
         ( (0) (0) )
=====o000====(_)====000o=====================================
+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=+-x/=
William R. Speer
Professor of Mathematics Education
Department of Curriculum and Instruction -- MS 3005
University of Nevada at Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV  89154
702-895-4885 (O)    702-837-8674 (H)    702-895-4898 (FAX)
        o000O    ( ) )
          _)

--
Susan Dahl*Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory*Lederman Science
Education Center*Teacher Resource Center*PO Box 500, MS 777*Batavia, IL